Sewanee Campus Map
Local Things to Do
The Sewanee Domain
The land associated with Sewanee: the University of the South consists of an academic campus (382 acres) with adjacent commercial and residential areas (783 acres) that are embedded within and surrounded by diverse natural lands (11,838 acres). The term “Domain” is used interchangeably to describe both the entire 13,000 acres and the 11,800 acre natural land matrix (also referred to as the “Greater Domain”).
Sewanee’s Domain offers recreational experiences unparalleled on any other campus in the country. Whether you are interested in hiking, biking, camping, climbing, fishing, or all of the above, the Domain has an experience for you.
- Hiking the Perimeter Trail
- Visit Abbos Alley
- Explore the Mountain Goat Trail
- Exercise at The Fowler Sport & Fitness Center
- Golf on the Domain
Beyond the Domain – Nearby Attractions
Explore these nearby attractions just off the Domain.
- Sewanee Natural Bridge (4 miles from campus)
- South Cumberland State Park (9 miles from campus)
- Bluegrass Underground (18 miles from campus)
- Arrive a few days early or stick around for a few days to enjoy an underground concert!
- Tim’s Ford State Park & Bear Trace Golf Course (24 miles from campus)
- Tour George Dickel Distillery (33 miles from campus)
- Tour Jack Daniels Distillery (50 miles from campus)
- Chattanooga, TN Attractions (55 miles from campus)
- US Space and Rocket Center (60 miles from campus)
- Explore Nashville – The Home of Country Music! (90 miles from campus)